Even though Throwback Brewery has evolved over the years, from a small nano-brewery to a larger brewery with a restaurant and farm, one thing that has remained constant – our values and our vision. We are committed to sustainability & sourcing locally – no matter how challenging and how expensive. And, we treasure our culture, founded on both kindness and support for our local community.
Our passion to both build and support our local community has taken many forms over the past several years:
- Non-profits – We’ve co-sponsored kid friendly events with local businesses and non-profits, such as holding a 5K at our place to support Rett’s Roost, raising over 22K for that organization in 2016. Given the success of that event, we hosted it again in 2017, 2018, and 2019! We have been long time supporters of Seacoast Eat Local and their commitment to connecting people with local food sources as well as Seven Stages Shakespeare Company’s ShakesBEERience series and their desire to bring Shakespeare to everyone. We’ve supported 100s of local causes over the years including Southeast Land Trust, Share Our Strength, Strawbery Banke & Prescott Park, The Nature Conservancy, NHSPCA, North Hampton’s Recreation department, NH Public Television, and more.
- Community building – We have been able to utilize our beautiful farm to bring people together in weekly yoga classes, guitar lessons, bike skills clinics, cribbage tournaments, monthly book club meetings, and more!
- Utilizing local partnerships – We’ve loved working with and meeting all the wonderful small business owners since we started the business in 2010. Without the local farmers, chef, and partners, we wouldn’t be where we are today!
- Sustainability – To us, being a good member of our community means conducting business in as sustainable a manner as possible. We do this through farming, lots of reuse, our solar array, and more!
Our company’s core values guide us and really define who we are as people and as an organization. We feel very lucky to employ so many talented folks that share our values – helping us all strive in unison towards the same goals. While we often focus on our most visible value of loving our community and planet, our complete set of values are as follows:
- Be Profoundly Kind: We treat all of our customers, vendors, and colleagues with deep respect and warmth- as if they were guests in our home.
- Rise by Lifting Others: We enthusiastically work as a team, supporting each other to be his or her best.
- Strive for Excellence: We strive for excellence because great isn’t good enough. We sweat the details because they truly matter. We think Pearl S. Buck nailed it here–> “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word―excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”
- Own it, Fix it, Move on: When there is a problem, we fix it. We are open and honest about mistakes we make. There is no need or place here to focus on blame.
- Embrace All Misfit Toys: We are proudly an island of misfit toys. We celebrate individuality, and make everyone feel welcome.
- Love our Community and Planet: We strive to make our community stronger and more vibrant. We are sustainability-minded – committed to minimizing our negative impact on the environment and maximizing the growth of local farms.