We are hiring now for a Lead Farmer, Bartenders, and Servers!
Bartenders and Servers
We are looking for bartenders and servers who can work 2 or more shifts a week. The work will be fun, but also very quick-paced. It requires a keen ability to multitask – all while doing so with a smile.
The candidate must be a mature, team player who has a genuine enthusiasm for people. We are seeking individuals who not only are knowledgeable & passionate about Throwback Brewery and the many aspects and styles of craft beer, but who also have previous server experience.
If you are someone who remains cool under pressure, gets personal satisfaction in making others happy, is 21 or over, appreciates learning more about craft beer and the “eat local” movement, and enjoys being a part of the hospitality industry, then please apply by e-mailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the words “Server” in subject line. No phone calls, please.
We are looking for an experienced farmer to lead the charge here at Hobbs Farm. Our ideal candidate will not only be an experienced farmer, but will also possess very strong leadership skills and a drive to work collaboratively with our other team leaders to achieve Throwback’s goals and vision.
The responsibilities of the lead farmer include planning for the season, performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising a small team of farmers. More specifically, the Lead Farmer will:
- Plan for the season, including orders and starting seeds, laying out the rows, and managing crop rotations
- Use their excellent time management and organizations skills to assign tasks to the crew on a daily basis.
- Monitor and control pests and disease organically, with regular and scheduled actions.
- Harvest, wash, and pack produce for our kitchen, farm stand, and markets with efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage irrigation needs.
- Ensure timely clean up of fields after crop harvests.
- Manage and monitor cultivation of crops, recording yields and using that information to make improvements for the next season.
Required qualifications and attributes:
- Strongly motivated by our company culture and values
- 3+ seasons of growing experience on a vegetable farm.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, high attention to detail.
- Proactive mindset; calm and resolute problem-solving.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Heavy-lifting as needed; applicants should be able to lift and carry approximately 50 lbs comfortably and safely.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Farm food and shift beers.
- Plus the benefits listed below
Please apply by e-mailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the words “Lead Farmer” in subject line. No phone calls, please.
If you are thinking about applying here, please take a moment to read our core values. If this doesn’t seem like you, or these values don’t resonate with you, then perhaps we might share a beer with you one day, but working here wouldn’t be a good idea for either of us. However, if you do share these same values, please let us know when you apply!
- Be Profoundly Kind: We treat all of our customers, vendors, and colleagues with deep respect and warmth- as if they were guests in our home.
- Rise by Lifting Others: We enthusiastically work as a team, supporting each other to be his or her best.
- Strive for Excellence: We strive for excellence because great isn’t good enough. We sweat the details because they truly matter. We think Pearl S. Buck nailed it here–> “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word―excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”
- Own it, Fix it, Move on: When there is a problem, we fix it. We are open and honest about mistakes we make. There is no need or place here to focus on blame.
- Embrace All Misfit Toys: We are proudly an island of misfit toys. We celebrate individuality, and make everyone feel welcome.
- Love our Community and Planet: We strive to make our community stronger and more vibrant. We are sustainability-minded – committed to minimizing our negative impact on the environment and maximizing the growth of local farms.
There are many benefits to working at Throwback, including the ability to work with a team of very nice, hardworking people that are masters of their crafts (brewing, cooking, service, and farming). If you are eager to learn, we are eager to teach you! Here are some of the benefits we offer to full time employees:
• Paid time off and paid holidays
• Health insurance (and Throwback contributes to your monthly premium)
• Vision and Dental insurance
• Employee discounts on food, beer, and merchandise
• Free shift beers and dibs on ‘imperfect’ cans right off the canning line, etc.
Throwback Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.