We are hiring now for a Brewery Assistant, Line Cooks, Bartenders, and Barbacks!
Brew House Assistant
The day to day activities of this position will be centered around assisting our lead brewer and assistant brewer with the end-to-end process of making and packaging beer, including cleaning, wort production, documentation, measuring, fermentation, bottling, canning, kegging, delivering beer, and more cleaning. The candidate may also need to interface with customers through tours of the brewery, beer fests, and other brewery-focused events. This is not a brewing position.
- Experience in a production brewery and/or formal training at a brewery school desired.
- A great attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Strong mechanical background with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems.
- Proper understanding of chemical and brewhouse safety.
- Self-motivation. After the appropriate amount of training, must be able to dive in without a lot of direction.
- Interest and/or knowledge of working in a laboratory setting a plus.
- You have to be nice. We are serious about this.
- Ability to frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 150 pounds safely.
- Must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for the duration of the shift, shovel hot grain, handle hot and cold liquids.
- Must be able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment (including wet and cold conditions), properly handle hazardous materials, and operate complex machinery.
You might be the ideal candidate if, in addition to meeting the above requirements, you:
- Feel passionate about our mission of making local beer from what is around us.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Are inherently optimistic.
Interested? Please apply by e-mailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include the words “Brew House Assistant” in subject line. No phone calls, please.
We have an opening for a part- to full-time line cook. Experience is preferred. We want to work together with people who have a professional attitude and excellent communication skills, and can work well as a team member. Shifts are available from Monday through Sunday. Interested? Please apply by e-mailing [email protected] with your work experience and the best time to contact you.
We are looking for bartenders to join our team who can work 3 or more shifts a week. The work will be fun, but also very quick-paced. It requires a keen ability to multitask – all while doing so with a smile.
The candidate must be a mature, team player who has a genuine enthusiasm for people. We are seeking individuals who not only are knowledgeable & passionate about Throwback Brewery and the many aspects and styles of craft beer, but who also have some previous server experience.
If you are someone who remains cool under pressure, gets personal satisfaction in making others happy, is 21 or over, appreciates learning more about craft beer and the “eat local” movement, and enjoys being a part of the hospitality industry, then please apply by e-mailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the words “Bartender” in subject line. No phone calls, please.
If you are thinking about applying here, please take a moment to read our core values. If this doesn’t seem like you, or these values don’t resonate with you, then perhaps we might share a beer with you one day, but working here wouldn’t be a good idea for either of us. However, if you do share these same values, please let us know when you apply!
- Be Profoundly Kind: We treat all of our customers, vendors, and colleagues with deep respect and warmth- as if they were guests in our home.
- Rise by Lifting Others: We enthusiastically work as a team, supporting each other to be his or her best.
- Strive for Excellence: We strive for excellence because great isn’t good enough. We sweat the details because they truly matter. We think Pearl S. Buck nailed it here–> “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word―excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”
- Own it, Fix it, Move on: When there is a problem, we fix it. We are open and honest about mistakes we make. There is no need or place here to focus on blame.
- Embrace All Misfit Toys: We are proudly an island of misfit toys. We celebrate individuality, and make everyone feel welcome.
- Love our Community and Planet: We strive to make our community stronger and more vibrant. We are sustainability-minded – committed to minimizing our negative impact on the environment and maximizing the growth of local farms.
There are many benefits to working at Throwback, including the ability to work with a team of very nice, hardworking people that are masters of their crafts (brewing, cooking, service, and farming). If you are eager to learn, we are eager to teach you! Here are some of the benefits we offer to full time employees:
• Paid time off and paid holidays
• Health insurance (and Throwback contributes to your monthly premium)
• Vision and Dental insurance
• Employee discounts on food, beer, and merchandise
• Free shift beers and dibs on ‘imperfect’ cans right off the canning line, etc.
Throwback Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.