Resilience Butte County Proud IPA is an easy drinking West Coast-Style IPA that is bright tangerine in color with aromas of pine & candied citrus and flavors of light honey & caramel, which nicely balance out the grapefruit, lemon peel, orange rind, and resinous piney notes from the hops. With the release of this beer, we join over 1,400 breweries who have signed up to brew Resilience IPA. All of us have agreed to give 100% of the proceeds of this beer to the Sierra Nevada Camp Fire Relief Fund, aimed at long-term community rebuilding support.
Here are our tasting notes:
– Appearance: Bright tangerine in color with a gorgeous off-white colored head that leaves plenty of sticky lacing on your glass.
– Aroma: This beer gives off such a nice aroma of pine, candied citrus (mostly orange and lemon), and some grapefruit. It reminds us of how much we love Centennial and Cascade hops, which we used for bittering as well as in the whirlpool and in the secondary.
– Taste & Mouthfeel: The caramel malt in this beer contributes a light honey sweetness and subtle caramel and bready notes, which nicely balance out the grapefruit, lemon peel, orange rind, pine, and earthy resinous notes from the hops. This beer first drinks very smooth and soft, but then finishes with a lovely grapefruit, piney, and peppery finish. The body is what you would expect for a IPA (medium), but we tweaked the water chemistry a bit to give this beer a very smooth mouthfeel, making this one very smooth drinking IPA!
– Serving glass: When drinking this beer, we suggest using a tulip style glass, which should enhance this beer’s lovely fruity aroma.
– Stats – ABV 6.8% and 65 IBU.