It finally feels like Spring! The weather is nicer, and we are finally seeing the fruits of our farming here at Hobbs Farm! To celebrate the best of what is fresh and seasonal, we have updated our menu to now include the following goodies:
– A Rotating Seasonal Salad – highlighting peak season, freshly picked produce. $8 As an example, today’s salad (May 25th) is Asian Salad- Hobbs Farm Style: A mix of greens and crunchy vegetables – Shredded kohlrabi, Chinese cabbage from our very own Hobbs Farm, and tatsoi (a.k.a spinach mustard) also from our farm. Topped with our own Duck Pastrami and apricot dressing.
– Garen’s Greens – a mix of fresh greens (grown in North Berwick Maine) finished with a beet-pickled farm egg, pickled shallots, and our grapefruit hefeweizen vinaigrette. (Add Chicken or Tofu $3.00) $10 V
– For our tacos, we now give you the option to choose either our popular Maple-Braised Carnitas or locally caught sautéed white fish!
– Our salami plate now has a wonderful Grafton clothbound cheddar on it instead of parmesean.
– Caprese Melt – Wolf Meadow Farm’s fresh and creamy mozzarella (from Amesbury, MA) topped with lemony spinach & pea tendril pesto and our sundried tomato jam (using Juliette tomatoes from here at Hobbs Farm). All tucked between two slices of our spent grain bread and grilled until nice and melty. $13 V
– Meatloaf Sandwich – tender meatloaf made with New England Family Farms beef, pork, and lots of love. Topped with sharp Grafton Cheddar cheese, house dill pickles, and house-made sirachi ketchup. $14
– Rhubarb Crisp – local rhubarb covered with a crunchy spent grain, brown sugar, & oat topping and baked until golden brown. Finished with a scoop of Lago’s vanilla ice cream and our malty beer caramel. The perfect Spring treat! $8 V I can’t quite articulate how good this is. It’s not too tart, not too sweet.. The crunchy on the top melds so nicely with the cooked rhubarb. The ice cream adds the perfect creaminess, and the beer caramel adds another malty dimension of flavor. You have to give it a try!
Here is a link to our full menu. See you at the farm!