December 5th, 2018
It’s that time of year when we turn to dark beer, especially Fat Alberta our highly anticipated, very smooth, extremely delicious, 10% ABV Chocolate Peanut Butter Russian Imperial Stout!
Every winter we build a beer dinner all around this special beer, and this year’s event will feature a tapas-style dinner with six courses – with each dish designed by a member of our culinary team. Every course will bring a fresh perspective and unique twist reflecting the spirit and personality of our talented kitchen staff, and, of course, it will be designed to pair perfectly with some very special beers!
We are delighted to announce the menu and beer pairings for this event:
- Amuse Bouche: Shanghai-style soup dumpling, enriched bone broth of our duck feet and smoked trotters, slice of pork belly and crispy duck skin.
Paired with Love Me Long Time Bohemian Pilsener enhanced with Lemongrass
- Second Course: Oyster Throwbackefellar – our play on a classic: Baked Pemaquid ME oyster, melted leeks, Cabot clothbound cheddar, sweet Hobbs Farm carrot cake crumbs.
Paired with Cashmere Track Suit NEIPA
- Third Course: Caraway-crusted lamb lollipop chop, marinated maitake mushroom, smoked apple slices.
Paired with Berry Dark Cuvee – Barrel-aged Imperials (Porter & Stout) finished with boysenberries
- Fourth Course: Spicy Korean-style octopus, sweet sesame scallop, seared clementine sticky rice cake, candied ginger.
Paired with Cranberry Ginger Sour – our newest sour
- Fifth Course: Hobbs Farm duck two ways: luscious duck confit rillettes in flaky pistachio duck fat pastry tartlet; medium rare duck breast, cherry saba sauce.
Paired with Port Barrel-Aged Five-Minute Fugitive Russian Imperial Stout (9.6%) – We think this is one of the best beers we have ever made. 10 months in a port barrel has turned this beer into a delightfully smooth sipper with notes of oak, a touch of jamminess, and a lovely chocolate aroma and taste.
- Finish: Peanut dacquoise, dark chocolate cremeux, salted peanut butter mousse, chocolate glaze.
Paired with Fat Alberta Vertical: 2016, 2017, 2018 – not a typo – yes, three years of Fat Alberta side by side by side!
If all of this has got you saying – I need my seats today, we are taking reservations via email, phone, or here at the brewery to reserve your spot. Seats are $50/person plus tax & gratuity. Upon making a reservation, we’ll grab your credit card, which will won’t be charged until the end of the evening. With just 80 seats, this dinner has a history of selling out – so don’t delay!
Can’t make the Beer Dinner, join us four days later for our Fat Alberta Release Day on December 9th from 12-7pm, where we’ll be featuring many exciting variations of Fat Alberta plus food pairings and menu specials.