** Our rink was badly damaged, so it will be CLOSED until further notice.**
We have a skating rink now! 🙂 🙂 🙂 We are requiring reservations so we can comply with social distancing requirements, and ensure that all other NH state mandates are adhered to (such as 6 adults max per table). Reservations at the Throwback Rink are free, and will give you access to skate for 45 minutes. While you are here, enjoy some snacks and beverages via our Beers & Bites menu at your own socially-distanced table, and enjoy some time outside with family and friends. Looking for our full menu and a more leisurely visit? Rent one of our beer garden fire pit tables before or after your rink time! (note – the system will NOT let you rent a fire pit and book overlapping ice time. You can rent one before the other, though! If you try to do both at the same time under the same phone #, it will cancel one of the reservations)
The rink will be open daily Friday-Sunday from 12 to 5pm. The ice rink is weather dependent and we may need to unexpectedly close it due to weather conditions and/or maintenance needs. It is on private property, and ice use during closed hours is prohibited.
When you arrive for your ice rink reservation, please check in with our host, and she will direct you to your table. You will be required to sign a liability release on behalf of your party. Once at your table, you can check out the rink snack menu, and explore our drink options, which can include warm beverages such as hot chocolate (spiked or not), a Hot Toddy, wine, beer, and more! Once you are ready, a server will check in to grab your orders and bring everything out to you. If you are drinking faster than we make the rounds, feel free to call in your order at 603-379-2317 x2.
That’s it! We are excited for you to grab your skates and head over! (yes, please bring your skates. We are a small brewery and restaurant with a free outdoor rink, we do not have skate rentals here).
Oh, and in answer to what we will expect to be a common question:
- Is it really free? Yes, skating is free for customers. However, given the time and expense we’ve poured and continue to pour into the rink, we would greatly appreciate if you could support our business while here. Order beer for here or to go, pick up some salami or sausage, order some snacks, buy a Throwback cap if you need some extra warmth, or order takeout on the way out. It all helps!
And here are our simple rules:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, unless you are at your table. It will be warmer that way, anyway!
- Please keep at least 6 feet from other parties at all times.
- No food or drink is allowed on the ice.
- Do not sit on the boards.
- The ice is for skating only. No hockey sticks, puck or other equipment is allowed on the ice.
- Minors on the ice must be accompanied by an adult at all times (adult can be on the ice or adjacent to ice rink).
- Please be nice & courteous to your fellow skaters.
- If you are running late, please call us at 603 379 2317 x2. We hold the table for a grace period of 10 minutes before offering the reservation to our waitlist