Yesterday the state came by to check out / approve the tasting room. After a short inspection, they gave us the go ahead to open!!! (We just need to do a tiny bit more paperwork, of course 😯 .) What this means is that we are opening our tasting room this Saturday, August 13th from 12 to 5 pm. Since it is the first weekend we will be open, we will have a few hours on Sunday, August 14th as well -12 – 3pm. We will figure out and post our remaining summer hours over the next several days.
So what can you expect when you stop by? We will have five beers available for tasting and growler fills. Also, if anyone is so inclined, we can give you a little tour of our little brewery. Here are the beers we plan to have available:
- Spicy Bohemian – a seasonal that we do, which is our base pilsener recipe, dry-hopped with Jalapenos. This was the first keg kicked at the NH Brew Fest a few weeks back.
- Hog Happy Hefeweizen (German-style wheat beer)
- Dippity Do (our American Brown)
- Hosptruck (Red IPA)
- Maple-kissed wheat porter
(Note- our Campfire Smoked Porter and Fat Alberta Imperial Stout will be rolled out over the next month or two as we get into some cooler weather. Also, we ran out of the Pilsener, but we have a batch lagering as we speak.)
We will sell 2-Liter growlers of the five beers on tap. (Note, for the curious, 2 liters is just over 67 ounces, or 4.2 pints. ) We think our growlers are pretty darn sexy – they look like this:
In terms of pricing, an empty growler will cost 12 dollars, which is equal to the cost we paid for the glass + printing. Yes, the growlers are a bit more expensive than a regular screw-top clear glass bottle, but we think they are worth it for many reasons. Here are just a few:
- The swing-top will ensure that our product stays carbonated and fresh tasting longer than a regular screw top, which can sometimes be prone to leaking.
- We really hope that you guys will “make the growlers your own”, so to speak. Love them. Wash them. Bring them back on a regular based to be replenished. In short, reuse!
- They are just really, really nice-looking and solid, so we are pretty proud of them! 🙂
We will also have merchandise for sale. Here are a few of the items we have available now:
Our 21.5 oz pint glass:
Here is the back:
We will also have several t-shirts for sale. This is the men’s version of our ‘No Farms No Beer’ tshirt. The women’s version is a nice green color. We will also have a standard black Throwback Brewery logo t-shirt, and perhaps a few others if they come in in time.
We hope to see some folks this weekend!